Need urgent assistance?
Call 1800 825 955

Need Help

Do you need help with your private rental?

BeyondHousing can help you get into a private rental property or keep your existing tenancy going. We can also advocate for tenants who are experiencing issues with their landlord or have to go to the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

The Private Rental Assistance Program (PRAP) is for people who are struggling to pay for their private rental, live in a caravan park or rooming house and want more suitable accommodation, or who are finding it hard to get a private rental.

Sustaining Tenancies at Risk (STAR) is for people living in private rental at risk of losing their tenancy due to rental arrears.

The Tenancy Advocacy and Advice Program (TAAP) is for people in private rental who may be facing the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) or who have difficulties with their landlord. 

Private Rental Support Services

We encourage anyone working with us to participate in decisions that affect their housing. You are provided with opportunities to determine your housing outcomes. Private rental support services are free and are delivered in a confidential and non-judgemental manner.

To be eligible for these services, you must be either on Centrelink payments, or able to demonstrate financial hardship.