Quick Exit

Need Help

Long-term Housing

Long-term housing means that you rent a property from us. Our housing is called Community Housing – it is affordable, safe, and secure housing for people on low to moderate incomes.

Can I get long-term housing?

To get long-term housing we look at:

  • Your income – you need to be on a low income or income support. You must be able to access Commonwealth Rent Assistance.
  • Your active Victorian Housing Register (VHR) application. We can help you complete the application, contact us for help.
  • The support you have in the local area – like your family, friends, and support services.

How do I get long-term community housing?

  • We can help you apply to the Victorian Housing Register.
  • It can be a long wait to get long-term housing because a lot of people need homes.
  • Applications are looked at based on who is most in need and everybody’s situation.
  • You can check if you can get community housing here.

What if I already live in long-term housing and need help?

  • Get help with repairs and maintenance issues in a long-term property here
  • Get help and support if you are at risk of losing your long-term property here

GET Help

Get more information or ask any questions by contacting us.