Quick Exit

Need Help

Transitional Housing

Transitional Housing is medium-term housing for people who have been homeless, before you move to more permanent housing in public housing, community housing or a private rental.

It can also help you get renting skills, and a rental reference.

You can’t apply for transitional housing directly. You need to work with a support service.

  • You have a support worker
  • You are the most in need
  • Be working with a support service who has rights to refers you to a transitional housing property.
  • Have an application which is assessed depending on priority and needs of everyone on the waiting list.
  • You need to work with your support service for the length of your tenancy and to develop a Housing Plan that is long term.
  • Renters in transitional housing have the same rights and responsibilities like any other renter – you must pay your rent, be a good neighbour and look after your home.
  • To learn more, contact your nearest BeyondHousing office

If you’re currently live in a transitional housing property and to make a maintenance request, click here

The transitional housing program is managed by the Opening Doors Framework and is funded by the Victorian Government’s Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH).

GET Help

Get more information or ask any questions by contacting us.