Homelessness Support Worker (Wangaratta)
We are seeking a Homelessness Support Worker who is committed to working with people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. This role is based in our Wangaratta office working full time hours.
|Homelessness Support Worker
|An attractive Total Salary Package of $78,642 – $84,609 plus 12% Super, based on skills and experience, and in line with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Level 4.
|Hours per week
|Human Resources Coordinator, Sarah Biggs on 02 6055 9000
|5pm, Monday 20th February 2023
|The successful candidate must participate in a National Police Check and Working with Children Check as this role operates within a Child Safe organisation. Indigenous people and people of culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Other great benefits of working for BeyondHousing include 12% superannuation, annual leave loading, flexible work arrangements for eligible staff including RDO’s, generous salary packaging benefits available to not-for- profit employees, health and well-being allowances, ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
The Homelessness Support Worker will work to provide:
- Information, referral and support to assist families and individuals to find short term and long term sustainable housing.
- High volume service delivery responding to and assessing the needs of homeless people, many of whom are in housing crisis.
- Information on housing opportunities and referral to specialist services.
- Information and support to renters who are at risk of losing their tenancies.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Excellent IT and administrative skills including MS Office and Outlook
- Well developed communication and negotiation skills
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of as busy team
- Compassion and an understanding of the principles of social justice
- A current driver’s licence.
- Experience within the social, housing or community sectors will be highly regarded.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to the Human Resources Coordinator, Sarah Biggs on 02 6055 9000